Wednesday 15 April 2009

Easter bunnies

I tried my hand at biscuits again this Easter, using some of my new cutters. I was a bit worried the bunny faces would work out a bit scary but I was quite pleased with the end result.

The vanilla recipe is as follows:
50 caster
75 margarine
125 plain flour
1 eggs
1) Rub butter into flour intil breadcrumb like in texture.
2) Stir in sugar
3) Add in whisked egg a little at a time (not all may be needed)
4) Form into a soft but not sticky dough
5) Roll out about 5 mm thick onto a floured work surace and cut into shapes
6) Brush tops of each shape with milk
7) Put into a 160 C oven for around 20 minutes until golden.
8) Decorate and enjoy!
I kept the decorations simple, and used cocunut to create a 'fuzzy' look. The duckling was first spread with lemon curd, then dipped in coconut. I think the jumping bunny is the cutest :)
Hope everyone had a happy Easter!

No comments: