Sunday 19 July 2009

Lace cake

This cake was for a birthday and I wanted to use my new FMM textured lace set. It was really easy, you just use the cutter to get the edge and then push one of 3 moulds to create the pattern. I only chose the ivory icing because there was a bigger packet in the shop, but I think I prefer it, the pattern comes out stronger. It's a nice simple technique that produces a pretty result.


The inside is a chocolate madeira cake, a second attempt which worked out much better. The first was a bithday cake a few months ago. Using much higher grade chocolate of 75% cocoa solids meant a much better result.




3 comments:

KageMor said...

Real pretty :-)

Unknown said...

Well this is a very good idea,These are fabulous and so fun! Yet another fantastic job.that sounds like so much fun! it's so fun to pretend magical places. itsVery Sweet, I love it!This is so inviting! Yummy!

r4 dsi

cakedecorator said...

It's a lovely simple design, I love all white cakes. Something that might help with your icing is a smoother, you can get from most cake decorating supplies shops.
Also I always roll my icing out on TREX (white vegetable fat) tasteless and odourless. It leaves you with no icing sugar film over the cake, and it doesn't dry your icing out!


__________________
cake decorating is an art!